We don’t just sell it. We teach it.
Utilize Alpha Technologies’ experience and expertise in the operation, maintenance and applications of testing, instrumentation and software in the rubber, polymer and composites industries.
Alpha Technologies understands the need for well-trained users and has designed a series of course offerings addressing a broad range of training needs that is unparalleled in the industry. Explore the Alpha Technologies Alpha Care Training courses and discover how they can help you ensure your business gets the most from its investment in Alpha testing instruments and laboratory information management systems.
List of Available Courses
Basic Rubber Rheology Testing Course
- Discussion of the Mooney viscometer for polymer viscosity measurements and compound scorch determinations
- Fundamentals of capillary rheometers, shear thinning profiles and die swell measurements
- Review of the oscillating disk rheometer, scorch, cure rate, state of cure calculations and interpretation
- Applications of rotorless curemeter technology, application of dynamic properties to determine assignable causes of variation in mixing, use of SPC, special test conditions
- Review of Rubber Process Analyzer applications for raw polymer testing, compound processability measurements, variable temperature analysis and cure measurements and after-cure dynamic mechanical testing
- Discussion of the four types of stress relaxation test methods and their applications for raw polymer and processing analysis
Advanced Rubber Rheology Testing Course
- Review of rheology: elastic and viscous qualities, viscoelasticity, methods of
- Understanding sinusoidal measurements including dynamic torque, modulus, viscosity
- and their application
- Eleven measurable compound properties which predict downstream processing
- How these properties affect mixing, extrusion, calendering, curing processes and final
- Discussion of common factory problems and their relation to process testing
RPA 2000 and Rheological Training Class Course
- Thorough review of RPA’s potential for solving R&D and factory problems and improving quality assurance
- Principles of rheology and dynamic property measurement
- Applications in testing raw polymers, mixed compounded batches, carbon blacks and oil effects, curative effects and mis-compounding problems
- Appropriate applications of frequency sweeps, strain sweeps, temperature sweeps, variable temperature analysis, viscous heating, stress relaxation, sponge cure-blow balance and automation
Dynisco Polymer Test Training Course
Two courses are now available for using Dynisco polymer testing instruments:
Melt Flow Rate with the LMI 4000 Series
This one-day course teaches you to operate an LMI 4000 series melt indexer and meet ASTM D1238. You will learn how to operate the LMI using methods A, A/B and B. Course includes manual operation and the use of LMI Works. Tuition is $400 per person.
Capillary Viscosity with the LCR 7000 Series
This one-day course teaches you to operate an LCR 7000 series capillary rheometer and meet ASTM D3835. You will learn how to set up tests, analyze data with Lab Kars, export data and analyze data with spreadsheets. Course ends with a discussion of capillary applications using examples with a wide variety of polymers melts/conditions. Tuition is $400 per person.