Get the help of the most experienced team in rubber processing and testing
Alpha Technologies, the former Monsanto Rubber Instrument and Equipment Company, is well known in the world-wide rubber industry for the excellence of its Rubber Process Technology team. With a wide knowledge of the key parameters affecting formulation, compound quality, processing and testing, this team also has the ability to analyze and assess manufacturing operations, testing laboratories and QA systems.
The realities of today's business world and the constant pressure on costs and headcount mean that internal technical resources are much less available than in former times. The Rubber Process Technology team is increasingly asked to assist in solving both production and R&D problems. To meet this evolving market requirement Alpha Technologies is introducing the Alpha-Consulting service - providing our customers with access to proven rubber process expertise.
The Alpha-Consulting team has extensive experience within the rubber industry from materials and compound development through to product manufacture and testing, gained from both tire and non-tire operations. They are able to troubleshoot all common rubber production processes, from mixing, calendaring and extrusion, through to molding and curing.
With established contacts throughout the global rubber industry, the team can recommend the most advanced production technology, (subject to limits of confidentiality ). Projects can be simple or complex, from single items to total production organizations.
Alpha Technologies is the leader in test instruments for polymer production. Our expertise can be supplemented with advice on polymer selection for specific applications, such as profile extrusion for high dimensional accuracy and selection of polymer sourcing based on meaningful processability characteristics.
Research and development
The constant pressure on internal technical resources is most commonly felt in research and development activities. The Alpha Technical skill base is available to be used, on an as required basis, to develop and implement technical programs that cannot be carried out with current technical resources, or are forever postponed due to the insistent demands of day to day production.
Skill base summary
- Raw Materials purchase specifications
- Compound development and optimization
- Compound sales & acceptance specs
- Compound processing and conversion
- Molding and curing technology
- Cost-efficiency and problem solving
- Quality control and quality assurance
- Comprehensive technology assessment and forward investment planning
- Project management and set-up
- Comprehensive laboratory testing
- Mixing cycle optimization including for highly filled silica compounds
- Set-up of efficient laboratory practice
- Inter-lab. Crosschecks for standardization of procedures
- Language capabilities- English, German, French, Italian, Dutch and Spanish
Access best practice expertise
- Solve manufacturing problems
- Improve quality
- Reduce costs
- Increase efficiency
- Satisfy customers
- Improve business performance
- Meet international quality system requirements
Achieve business objectives via focused external support.
- Improve quality image with customers
- Gain new customers
- Increase market share
- Address new markets
Improve product, compound and process development
- Become a market leader
- Maintain a competitive edge
- Reduce time to market
Raise laboratory test efficiency
- Reduce complexity
- Improve test significance
- Benefit from best practice and optimum methods
Improve in-house technological knowledge
- Gain quick and effective training.
- Improve theoretical and practical expertise
- Motivate staff through skills development