Cut and Chip Tester
- Cut and Chip (223.4 KB)
- Variable rotation speed
- Tungsten carbide knife applied at a set frequency
- Test runs for selected time
The Cut and Chip Tester was originally invented by BF Goodrich Co. It was designed to measure the relative service life of off-the-road, farm and heavy duty treads that are subjected to the rigors of traveling on rocky surfaces.
An American made product available worldwide with good performance at a reasonable cost.
- Off-the-road tread stocks
- Farm tread stocks Heavy duty tread stocks
- Measures the relative cut resistance of treads subjected to off-the-road surfaces by noting the length of cuts in a sample
- Measures the chipping or tearing of the tread when subjected to off-the-road surfaces by the reduction in sample weight due to chips
- Suitable for research and development
- Select rotation speed
- Select frequency of cut action
- Select time for test Measure size of cuts and amount of sample chipped away or removed